Tuesday 23 July 2013

I caught the Africa Mercy Virus!

 "So what are your plans now that you are back home?" is the question of the month.  Truth be told, I plan to return to the ship.
  I am enjoying my time at home, catching up with friends and family and telling my story, but I don't believe that my time with Mercy Ships is through.  There is a great need for a long-term dental assistant in the clinic to orient new staff as they come, and provide some stability to the team.  I've experienced the successes and trials, the ups and downs of life on the ship and work in the clinic. I know what to expect.
  After much thinking, praying and discussing, I have decided to return to the Africa Mercy to serve as a long term dental assistant.   I will take an 8-week training course in Texas before joining the dental team.   Then, I will begin my two years with the dental team.  What a wonderful adventure awaits!

 As a volunteer, I make no money with the ship.  I also cover my own living expenses and transportation to and from Africa.  To find out how you can be involved in this adventure, please visit:
  http://mercyships.donorpages.com/MERCYGIFTS/AlicePowell/

2 comments:

  1. We're so excited for you Alice! What a great opportunity! We know you will be a blessing while you're there and we'll be praying for you and gathering any support we can for you! Lots of love...
    Steph Jay and kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks. You guys make good cheerleaders!

      Delete